"I'm a big fan of accountability" - Logan Gelbrich
I would expect such a statement from a man who's favorite hashtag - and life code - is #HoldTheStandard
We gave you an introduction to Logan Gelbrich on the Bulletproof Conference Hot Seat episode of the Optimal Performance Podcast. In that episode, I promised you a full dose of Logan...well, here it is.
Get ready for an episode that will put you on notice - notice that YOU are responsible for your own mindset, attitude, community, growth, and success.
The question is...
What standard are you holding?
Meet Logan Gelbrich
Logan is a busy man. He's the man behind Deuce Gym, Original Nutritionals, Crossfit Strongman, he just competed at the Strongman National Championships, he's writing a book and he's simply an all-around badass human being.
During my recent trip to LA to meet with Dr. Andrew Hill at Peak Brain Institute (2-min video re-capping the trip), I caught up with Logan just before his annual trip to Fiji.
**Side note: On that trip Logan proposed to his now fiancee Lindsey Matthews, creator of BirthFit. She said Yes! Huge congratulations to these two...talk about a #PowerCouple.
Surrounding yourself with like-minded people who push you to grow and evolve is a common narrative for Optimizers like us (and the OPP in general).
Deuce Gym is perhaps the most tangible example of this mindset and community that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
This is one reason I refuse to visit Los Angeles without stopping by Deuce Gym. Not just for a workout - that's a bonus if I can get it in - but the community is unparalleled, and that's one of the topics we explore on this podcast.
Here's proof that, yes bro, I do lift. And I lift at Deuce Gym when I'm in LA.
5 Reasons We Fall Short of Our Goals
I know you're counting, so here are the 5 reasons we fall short of our goals. I could explain these for you here, but then you wouldn't listen to Logan on the podcast...
- You Never Move Beyond The Whiteboard Stage
- You Have a Fixed Mindset
- You're Too Fragile
Listen to the Optimal Performance Podcast on-the-go:
What you'll hear from Logan Gelbrich on the OPP:
- A real-life example of holding the standard
- Why accountability is an underrated quality
- Like Recognizes Like
- Getting past the "whiteboard phase"
- Remarkable people do unremarkable things with remarkable consistency
- Weight loss - and fitness - are about something more..."nobody ever says, 'I want to change my relationship with gravity'"
- Growth Mindset vs Fixed Mindset
- Logan's morning routine
- Possibly the best public speaking tip you'll ever hear
- Planning for chaos and how to capitalize on it
- What is a Teal Organization?
- Why the decentralization of command is crucial for the growth and development of teams/organizations
- How putting people on notice can help you create the culture you want
- Where you can find more of Logan & Deuce GYm
- Logan Gelbrich's Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
Watch the Video Version:
Links & Resources
Nassim Taleb Books
Meet the Brand-New Natural Stacks Mushroom Line:
MycoMIND - Boost mitochondrial function with this brain cell and mitochondria optimizing formula that contains BioPQQ and Lion's Mane
MycoIMMUNE - Get the top immuno-modulating mushrooms conveniently bundled in 1 stack for optimal immune system support year-round with reishi, chaga, and turkey tail
MycoBOOST - Another innovative formula from Natural Stacks, this stack combines Yerba Mate + ATP & stamina boosting Cordyceps for that extra push before workouts, after work, or whenever you need it