This week on the OPP, we’re decoding our genetics by analyzing 23 & Me data with Dr. Anthony Jay.
These polymorphisms (not mutations), or DNA snips are the most common variations in our genes, playing a direct in the function of those genes and serving as biological markers for certain disease risks, among other health implications.
Dr. Jay analyzes 23 & Me to investigate 3 key areas: detoxification, health risk, and athletic profile.
What You'll Hear on OPP #150 with Dr. Anthony Jay
- 23andMe – searching for gene variance in your DNA
- How functional are these genes in your body?
- Detox, disease risk and athletic profile
- Analyzing Ryan’s 23andMe results
- Slow metabolizer of coffee – avoid cheap coffee!
- Sensitive to smoke
- Likes adrenaline
- Supplement vitamin b12 everyday
- What you need to know about folic acid before you take another supplement
- Fast twitch muscle type
- Disease Risk
- Higher risk for Type 1 diabetes
- Supplement in eye health
- Likely to lose weight on low fat diet
- Higher tendency to be OCD - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- ApoE-3 & 4: Alzheimer's & sugar intake
- 23andMe achieved a 99.7% agreement across sample replicates
- 23andMe genes no longer analyzed
- ACAT1 – Ketone breakdown
- Dr. Anthony Jay's Website
- Dr. Anthony G. Jay (@anthonygjay) | Twitter/Instagram
- Estrogeneration - Anthony G. Jay
- How Artificial Estrogens Are Making You Fat, Sick, and Infertile with Dr. Anthony Jay
- 23andMe: DNA Genetic Testing & Analysis
- Single-nucleotide polymorphism
- Dr. Jay's Mutation Key
- Monoamine oxidase A
- MTHFR gene
- Abelard Lindsey on Dopamine Brain Food | Natural Stacks
- AHCY gene
- Cytochrome P450
- The Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease
- Judaism 101: Ashkenazic and Sephardic Jews
- Mohammad Jaffar Aghaei - Google Scholar Citations
- OPP with Thomas Seyfried: Cancer as a Metabolic, Mitochondrial Disease
- The Plant Paradox - Steven R. Gundry M.D.
- Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy – Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Tripping over the Truth The Metabolic Theory of Cancer - Travis Christofferson
- Dave Asprey (@bulletproofexec) · Twitter
- Dr. Joseph Mercola (@mercola) · Twitter
- Thomas N. Seyfried (@tnseyfried) | Twitter