Table of Contents:
Compliments of the Season Stackers,
Holidays have a way of unleashing our inner consumer-monster.
From gingerbread lattes to endless champagne toasts, the holidays can make anyone feel like an addict.
This week’s edition of The Stack teaches us just how dangerous trans fat, alcohol, and marijuana excess can be. Tis the season for moderation.
How marijuana can increase risk for alcohol overdose
- The study looked at 660 patients who had experienced alcohol poisoning, passing out, or blacking out events.
- It found that only 20% of participants had been solely using alcohol at the time.
- The most common drug used in combination with alcohol was marijuana (43.2%), with the second most common being sedatives (27.9%).
- Researchers noted in their report that the more drugs people were using in combination with alcohol, the more likely they were to be admitted to the hospital for treatment of an overdose.
- Possible reasons for related overdose may be increased THC absorption or antiemetic effect (preventing vomiting), resulting in keeping dangerous levels of alcohol in the body.
Alcohol intake and reduced brain volume link
- Researchers analyzed data from three separate brain imaging studies (total of 2,423 individuals).
- Including one that included twins and non-twin siblings with different alcohol intake behaviors and one that involved children who had not had exposure to alcohol.
- The study provided some evidence that there are genetic factors that lead to both lower grey matter volumes and increased alcohol use.
- More specifically, higher alcohol intake had a lower gray matter volume in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and insula.
- These brain regions play key roles in emotion, memory, reward cycles, and decision-making.
Dementia risk higher in those who eat more trans fats
- Using data from an ongoing health study of people living in Hisayama, Japan, researchers examined 1,628 people over 60 years old and without dementia.
- During the 10 year follow-up, 337 of the participants received a diagnosis of dementia, including 247 for Alzheimer’s disease.
- The team ranged the participants in four groups according to their blood levels of trans fat.
- After an adjustment of the results for other factors that might influence the risk of dementia, the team found that participants in the highest blood trans fat group had a 52% higher chance of developing dementia during the follow-up compared with the lowest blood trans fat group.
Natural Stacks habitué
Josh is a stacker that has multiple jobs including owning a photography business. He is always searching for ways to improve his life and work.
He struggled with feeling low, stressed, and having trouble sleeping.
“Man. Natural Stacks is amazing. Both my partner and I struggle with anxiety, especially around bedtime. The first night we got Natural Stacks, I didn’t take the Serotonin. I took the GABA, and honestly, both of us noticed a difference within 30 minutes. Less intrusive thoughts, more relaxed, just a better state of mind.“
Josh and his partner were instant Natural Stacks fans. Josh decided to give some other products a go.
“The next day, I decided to try the Serotonin. HOLY ______ (insert word of choice). About halfway through the day, when I usually expect myself to get a bit impatient, a bit irritable, and just tired... I wasn’t. In fact, my thoughts were clear, I was still motivated at work (which is VERY necessary in sales!) and I found myself having so much more patience.“
Natural Stacks products helped Josh and his partner feel like themselves again.
“My partner texted me the same day to say “Josh, we HAVE to order more of that when we can. It’s incredible.” Absolutely a noticeable difference. Between the Dopamine, Serotonin and GABA, we feel like humans again. I’ve tried so many GABA supplements but I have now found the ONE!”
GABA Brain Food™
GABA Brain Food™ is designed to support the normal, healthy production of GABA, a neurotransmitter essential to mental calmness.
This natural GABA Brain Food™ formula contains the necessary precursors and cofactors for optimal GABA availability -- helping to reduce temporary feelings of stress, as well as promote relaxation and improve sleep.
Use GABA Brain Food™ to calm your mind and let go of all restless thoughts.
Feel relaxed and ready to drift off into a great night's sleep.
What else we're Stacking…
Coffee drinkers have healthier gut microbiotas [Medical News Today]
Gut bacteria is key factor in childhood obesity [Science Daily]
Some narcissistic traits may be useful for mental health [Medical News Today]
Can Medical Pot Ease Mental Ills? Probably Not [WebMD]
Study challenges link between depression and inflammation [Medical News Today]
Could turmeric help solve the antibiotic resistance crisis? [Medical News Today]
Cycles of reward: New insight into ADHD treatment [Science Daily]
Number of Americans with Dementia to Double by 2040 [Web MD]
The best gift you can give yourself is a healthy brain and strong body.