Hey you, wake up!
Sleep. We all need it. We all partake in it. And if you’ve ever missed out on it, you know the necessity of it.
Not to mention everyone around you -- that’s just plain mean to make them deal with groggy, grumpy, snappy, you. And you know it.
This week’s edition of The Stack is all about new study findings that help you snag more vitamin Zzz’s.
Read on to reap the benefits of recently reviewed sleepy time studies.
Having Trouble Sleeping? Try a Hot Bath Before Bed
- Researchers reviewed 5,322 studies and analysed data linked to bathing, water temperature, and sleep quality.
- They discovered that bathing for one to two hours before bed can improve sleep quality and help people get to sleep faster (10 minutes quicker than usual). Ideal temps were 104 to 109℉.
- Core body temperature is regulated by the circadian clock -- cooler temperatures at night help with sleep. A warm bath actually decreases the body temperature by bringing blood to the hands and feet, lowering core temperature.
Music May Replace Sedatives for Pre-op Anxiety
Another way to help promote sleep is to decrease stress by listening to music.
Sedative drugs, such as benzodiazepines, are used to lower anxiety before receiving anesthesia. But these come with numerous side effects including impacting breathing and blood flow.
- Researchers studied 157 adult participants, split into two groups: one receiving injections of midazolam (a benzodiazepine) and one given a preprogrammed musical track, three minutes before anesthesia.
- Participants filled out an anxiety scale (six statements to score from 1-4) before and after the exposure to the music or benzodiazepine. They were also asked to rate their satisfaction on a 10-point scale.
- The results revealed that decreases in pre-op anxiety were the same between both groups. The only difference was that the people who listened to music felt less satisfied than those in the drug receiving group.
'Night Owls' Can Change Into Early Risers
Having a late sleep pattern may lead to health concerns such as stress, depression, and poor mental wellbeing.
- Researchers examined 22 subjects whose regular bedtimes were about 2:30am with wake-up times of 10:15am.
- The participants were asked to shift their sleep and wake times by two to three hours, for three weeks.
- During this time, participants were also asked to get sunshine, eat breakfast as soon as waking, eat lunch at the same time daily, and eat dinner no later than 7pm.
- The results showed an increase in mental reaction time and physical grip strength in the morning with a peak strength shift from evening to afternoon.
- There was also associated improvements in mental wellbeing, resulting in a positive outcome for participants.
Natural Stacks habitué
Miaesha is a single mum working as an Evaluation and Training Specialist for her local school system. Her work includes a lot of data, documents, and mind power.
Considering a family history of ADHD, brain fog, and dementia, she was looking for a natural brain supplement that could help her stay focused and keep an edge at work.
“So far my results with Natural Stacks have been phenomenal. My mental clarity has improved immeasurably and continues to improve daily. I went from a place of doubting my ability to continue in the careers that I absolutely love to having confidence that I still have what it takes...”
And as a massive bonus, she’s lost weight!
“Natural Stacks has helped me to stay focused and dedicated to my health goals. I was able to lose 10lbs for the first time in 14 yrs because I have been more attentive to what I am eating. No more emotional eating for me.”
“Natural Stacks has given me the confidence to take on more challenging tasks at work. Because now I have more confidence that I can mentally master what is required for those tasks.”
CILTEP® is a natural formula designed to safely enhance the brain's ability to form vivid, long-lasting memories and remain sharply motivated and focused for hours.
CILTEP® has been claimed to:
- Increase motivation and mental endurance
- Improve concentration and alertness
- Up mood and social ease
- Enhanced ability to study
- Beat Brain Fog!
CILTEP® is a natural supplement that can help you achieve a higher state of focus and concentration with enhanced memory formation.
The formula is designed to induce long-term potentiation (LTP) in the brain -- a crucial mechanism involved in the formation of new memories and the strengthening of neural synapses.
What else we're Stacking…
- Why People Living with Type 2 Diabetes Should Be Careful with Vitamin D [Healthline]
- Pupil dilation and heart rate, analyzed by AI, may help spot autism early [Science Daily]
- Food Industry’s Switch to Non-BPA Linings Still Poses Health Risks [Healthline]
- What is the link between sleep apnea and depression? [Medical News Today]
- Study links higher body weight later in life to faster brain aging [Medical News Today]
If you’re reading this in bed, go to sleep now.
Until next week sweet dreamers.
- Natural Stacks