Howdy there Stackers,
Today, let’s sink our hands into mother nature and learn more about the outdoors.
From getting down and dirty with beneficial bacteria found in soil to surprising ways mental health is linked to seasonal allergies, these studies bring us back to earth.
Soil bacteria may protect against stress
- The bacteria, Mycobacterium vaccae, that live in soil, create an anti-inflammatory fat that can promote stress resilience.
- Researchers identified a unique anti-inflammatory triglyceride from the soil bacteria that was then tested in mouse immune cells.
- The fatty acid blocked a number of inflammation-driving pathways - which may relate to decreased inflammation, improved immunity, and benefits to mental health.
CBD oil may help limit cravings and anxiety in heroin users
- Researchers looked at 42 drug-abstinent adults with previous heroin use disorder - half received CBD (400 mg or 800 mg once daily) and the others received a placebo.
- Participants were then exposed to drug-related cues during the course of three sessions: right after administration, 24 hours after administration, and seven days after daily administration.
- Those who received CBD had significantly reduced drug cravings as well as less reported and measured anxiety (reduced heart rate and cortisol levels).
- The CBD continued to reduce cravings for anxiety for seven days, well beyond the time the drug is expected to be present in the body.
Plant Based OMEGA CBD™
OMEGA CBD™ combines full-spectrum hemp extract with Omega-3 oil from algae -- The most natural way to alleviate stress.
Omega-3 fatty acids are natural precursors to endocannabinoids. They ensure fast absorption and effectiveness of CBD through the digestive tract and across the blood brain barrier.
Alleviate daily stress, soothe aches and pains, and stay calm, cool and collected.
Are allergies linked to anxiety and depression?
- The investigators separated 1,782 participants into four groups, according to their type of allergy reaction:
- Seasonal allergies
- Perennial (year-long allergies) such as animal hair
- Other allergies such as food and insect stings
- Participants were then asked additional questions about mental health (focusing on depression, generalized anxiety disorders, and stress).
- The researchers concluded that individuals who live with generalized anxiety tend to have seasonal allergies and individuals with year-long allergies were more likely to have depression.
Natural Stacks habitué
Mariah is an art therapist grad student exploring the connection between art, evolutionary biology, and neuroscience to deepen communication and connection with the self and the greater community.
After hearing about Natural Stacks, it became clear to her that she was experiencing neurological imbalances that were affecting her mood, body, and mind.
“Natural Stacks, natural food, and biohacking got me back to where I need to be to help myself, and better help others.”
She’s a big fan of the reputable ingredients and ethical sourcing.
“Natural Stacks gave me my brainpower back, and kickstarted my microbiome health.”
What else we're Stacking…
-Is virtual reality the next frontier of Alzheimer's diagnosis? [Medical News Today]
-Research confirms gut-brain connection in autism [Science Daily]
-Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, World Health Organization says [CNN Health]
-High LDL Cholesterol Tied to Early-Onset Alzheimer's [Medicine Net]
Until next time, have a little fun in the sun (unless you have bad allergies of course)!
Stay groovy & take your supplements,