Hey there Stackers,
This week’s edition is all about those itty bitty bugs all up inside your tums.
The community of bacteria that reside in your gut impact all aspects of health, from immunity to anxiety and disease. These new studies confirm the favor of your flora.
Learn about the ins and outs, about what’s going on with your ins and outs.
Alleviate anxiety by regulating gut bacteria
- 21 total studies were reviewed, investigating if current evidence supports the relationship between anxiety symptoms and gut bacteria -- 14 studies tested probiotics and 7 focused on dietary changes.
- 52% of studies (11 out of 21) showed a positive effect on anxiety symptoms through regulating intestinal microbiota.
- 36% of probiotic-based studies and 86% of dietary change-based studies found changes effective in reducing anxiety.
Antibiotics may help curb Alzheimer’s symptoms
- Researchers discovered that antibiotics reduced inflammation and slowed the growth of amyloid plaques (disrupt brain cell function and lead to symptoms of Alzheimer’s).
- The research found that changes to the microbiome slowed the growth of amyloid plaques in male mice only, not in females.
- For female mice, the gut microbiome changes affected their immune system, increasing factors that could increase inflammation.
Why fermented foods benefit immune health
- A cell receptor called HCA3 is a protein that is unique to humans and great apes.
- HCA3 is receptive to a particular byproduct of lactic acid bacteria activity. When they bind, it triggers a signal that alerts the immune system to the presence of the bacteria.
- In other words, lactic acid bacteria (found in fermented foods like milk, sauerkraut, and cabbage) mediate beneficial and anti-inflammatory effects in humans.
BrainBiotic™ Brain Health Probiotics
A healthy connection between your gut and mind benefits your mood, memory, and brain health.
The probiotic strains in Brainbiotic™ are associated with increased brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), memory enhancement, and relief of stress-related symptoms.
Brainbiotic™ contains four key strains of probiotics that help diversify and strengthen the healthy community of bacteria in your gut and improve your cognitive function at any stage of your life.
Natural Stacks habitué
Matt is a self proclaimed biohacking, optimal performance sponge.
He goes out and gets it, as a semi-professional lacrosse player. When found, “off the floor” and out of his gear, you’ll find him fine-tuning his mental performance for software quality assurance analysis. “Being detail oriented and having critical problem solving skills are a must.”
Matt’s best experience with Natural Stacks shows up after his daily use of CILTEP™. In order to be successful in his line of work, he needs a huge attention to detail and steady focus with the tasks at hand. “CILTEP has helped with that in a massive way.”
What else we're Stacking…
- Cellphone technology might be a cause of cancer [The New York Times]
- Volunteering: A solution for loneliness [Scientific American]
- Breakfast cereals: Almost zero correlation between health claims and nutritional value [Medical News Today]
- For the sake of our health, we need to kick the indoor habit [The Guardian]
- Researchers close in on a new depression mechanism [Medical News Today]
- How a fruit compound may lower blood pressure [Medical News Today]
Until next Monday funday….
Stay groovy & take your supplements,