In this week's edition of the Optimal Performance Podcast, we're joined by Brett Kelly, the strength and conditioning coach for the US Olympic Ski & Snowboarding team. Brett and his athletes brought back the gold from this year's Olympics where they competed in free ski half pipe, ski slope style and aerials.
Brett shares his world-class knowledge of the strength and conditioning routines for athletes that specialize in unique movements on skis, (like these crazy aerial maneuvers for instance).
We talk about how to fine tune the body for peak performance in a snow sports. If you like to ski or snow board or just love to geek out over world class strength and conditioning, this is the episode for you.
Get an insider look at what happens inside the Olympics:
How do people get there?
What does an Olympic schedule look like?
Find out this and more on this's weeks episode of the Optimal Performance Podcast!
P.S. Now you can now take CILTEP to go! Get CILTEP in a SINGLE SERVING TEARAWAY PACK to keep in your desk, put in your workout bag, etc. Use the code CILTEP4ALL and you'll get $10 off!
- Intro [2:30]
- Olympic Skiing and Life Post Olympics [05:45]
- Brett Kelly's Stack [14:30]
- What's it like working with US Ski & Snowboarding? [20:00]
- What physical/mental traits makes someone exceptional? [24:00]
- How strong are your strongest athletes? [30:15]
- How does life change after the Olympics? [36:00]
- Mental training and sports psychology [39:30]
- How can weekend warriors improve their skiing? [42:00]
- A US Olympic Skiing diet. [50:30]
- What's it like to be in the Olympics? [52:30]
- What's it like working with professional baseball players? [55:00]
- Legs or Core? [59:30]
- What tech are you using? [61:00]
- Future plans [67:00]
- Outro [70:00]
Links & Resources
Follow Brett Kelly
Follow Sean McCormick
Follow Natural Stacks
Shop Natural Stacks