Table of Contents:
I attended (and spoke at) the Biohacker Summit in Stockholm, Sweden last week.
As we previewed in a recent episode of the OPP, these Biohacker Summits are among the premier events in the world for people passionate about self-improvement and progress.
Another epic conference, means another fan-favorite hot seat podcast. We've done 2 of these "hot seat" shows with amazing feedback - they're some of our most-downloaded episodes as they're packed from start to finish with actionable advice.
If you're new to the Hot Seat format, here's how it works: 5 experts get the same 6 questions. Each expert is on the hot seat for 5-10 minutes. The result is pure gold for you the listener.
This is exactly what we did in previous episodes, but of course, to keep it fresh, I've made a few modifications to the questions.
Meet Our Biohacker Summit Experts
Max is an American speaker, writer, film maker and TV personality. When he's not appearing on the Dr. Oz show as a brain health expert, he's working on his documentary Bread head and writing a book that he plans to publish in early 2018.
We'll have Max back on the OPP for a full-length show when his book launches.
Jonas is the "Swedish version of Chris Kresser + Robb Wolff"
If that sounds like high praise, listen to his resume...
Jonas Bergqvist is the original leader of the functional medicine, low carb - high fat, and Paleo movements in Sweden. He has authored three amazing books on these subjects, and he runs the Paleo Institute, where he trains the coaches, practitioners, and trainers who provide the Paleo lifestyle support across Sweden and Europe.
Follow Jonas & The Paleo Institute on Instagram
Memory Grand Champion Mattias Ribbing, Jonas Bergqvist and me holding a sampling of their books at the Paleo Institute.
A co-author of the Biohacker's Handbook, Olli is a medical doctor who left the orthodoxy of modern medicine to become a practicing functional medicine doctor.
He is one of the pioneers in holistic medicine in Finland and the only Finnish medical doctor with a psychologic-philosophical Integral Theory degree from John F. Kennedy University. Olli has pioneered health podcasts in Finland with Helsinki Paleo Podcast and Biohacker’s Podcast and has also consulted many natural health brands and organizations.
Ariel is the founder of Human Augmentation Investment Syndicate and is the mentor to over 100 Silicon Valley start-ups.
He was the founder of IPRO, the first web analytics company, and of Topica, one of the first email communities. Ariel was a board member of Kana Software, LinkExchange, Odeo, and StumbleUpon. He currently serves on the boards of Freedom Financial, Returnly, and Strava.
Ariel holds a B.S. in Mathematics with Computer Science from MIT and an MBA from Stanford University. He is originally from Venezuela and lives in San Francisco with his wife and three sons. Ariel is addicted to kitefoil racing - and yes, we talk about it on the Hot Seat.
Chris Dancy is "The World's Most Connected Man" and the world is watching those connections carefully. He has been featured in Wired, Mashable, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, and Businessweek. Interviewed by NPR, the BBC, and Fox News. Purveyor of TED talks. Subject of TED talks. And now headlined by Showtime’s Dark Net.
Listen to the Optimal Performance Podcast on-the-go:
What you'll hear from these leaders on the OPP:
- The surprising truth about what makes these experts most proud
- Friendship, Play, Exercise, Diet, Nature or Intermittent Fasting - which is the #1 biohack?
- "Start before you're ready" - Max Lugavere
- The most important advice to hack your exercise
- How periodization, functional medicine, and supplementation create the ultimate health and wellness program
- More support for the importance of gut health and the gut-brain connection
- Going outside societal norms to find fulfillment and live your dreams
- Will prosthetic limbs eventually exceed the capabilities of biological limbs?
- The future of how we can leverage digital technologies to enhance our lives
- "If you feel stressed or burned out, you have a time problem - not a health problem" - Chris Dancy
- How Chris Dancy hacked time travel
Links & Resources
Use the code NATURALSTACKS to save 10% on the following:
- Get the Recorded Talks from the Stockholm Biohacker Summit (~67 Euros)
- Get the Biohacker Handbook (select chapters translated to English)
- 200 pages on Biohacking Exercise
- Save on Early Bird tickets for October's Biohacker Summit in Helsinki, Finland
Succeeder.se (Your home for Natural Stacks products in Sweden)
- The Brain That Changes Itself - Norma Doidge
- The Plant Paradox - Steven Gundry
- Deep Nutrition - Dr. Cate Shanahan (Dr. Cate was on the OPP HERE)
- The Telomere Effect
- The Orphan Master's Son - Fictional History of North Korea
- Ready Player One