In this episode of the Optimal Performance Podcast, we talk with Dr. Michael Breus. Dr. Breus is THE guy for sleep; he's been on Dr. Oz, has worked with many high profile wellness professionals, doctors and researchers.
He has come up with these sleep chronotypes are (I happen to be a bear meaning I go to sleep at a standard time like 10pm and wake up at 6am). This conversation dives deep into sleep quality, melatonin, CBDs and what effect they have on sleep improvement and we also talk about how sleep effects our performance.
Common knowledge like the 8 hour of sleep rule? A MYTH!
Once become aware of how you like to sleep, you can do things like get ready to sleep like blue blocking glasses, drinking water as soon as you wake up to feel more refreshed, and other life hacks to make your sleep the most revitalizing experience possible.
I think you're going to get a LOT out of this episode.
- Intro [2:00]
- Dr. Breus's Stack [4:30]
- Did you always know sleep was your thing? [7:45]
- Explaining the chronotypes [11:00]
- When's the best time for sex? [16:00]
- Where are most people getting their sleep wrong? [18:00]
- What can you do if you can't start your day with the sun? [21:15]
- Eye health [25:30]
- 8 hours of sleep myth, sleep stages, and lucid dreaming [27:30]
- Supplementaiton, GABA, banana tea and nightly routines [32:30]
- Dr Breus's Banana Tea [35:30]
- CBD Is Not Weed and Cannabanoid Sleep [38:30]
- How to buy Melatonin [48:00]
- What's your nightly routine? [51:00]
- There's nothing wrong with falling asleep with the TV on [54:30]
- The Chili Pad, Grounding Pads, Binaural Beats, Mattress Types, Sleep Trackers [60:30]
- Outro [67:00]
Links & Resources
Connect With Us
Follow Sean McCormick
Follow Natural Stacks
Shop Natural Stacks