In this episode of the OPP I talk with Dr. Michael Fossel. We have an amazing conversation about longevity, a possible cure for Alzheimers and other cognitive degenerative diseases. Dr. Fossel is the author of The Telomorase Revolution and is the founder and former Editor in Chief of Rejuvenation Research.
He's best known best for his views on telomerase therapy as a possible treatment for cellular senescence in human age related disease. Our conversation moves really quickly, and I get to ask how we include our longevity, his stack, personal work, and the potential for human trials into the reversal of Alzheimers.
Alzheimers is brutal and this is pretty big stuff.
P.S. We're still giving $10 off orders of our CILTEP single serve packets. Use the promo code CILTEP4ALL at checkout!
- Intro [2:30]
- How does aging happen? [05:40]
- What is telomerase? [8:00]
- What are you working on now? [9:45]
- What would a treatment reversing Alzheimers look like? [12:00]
- What are we looking at in terms of increased lifespan? [15:45]
- Are there any diseases that can't be reversed through therapy? [18:30]
- Length vs Relative Length of Telomeres [21:15]
- Telomere testing and efficacy [25:00]
- Supplements helping with brain efficiency [31:00]
- Stem cell and gene therapy [36:30]
- What drew you into this line of work? [41:00]
- Longevity goals [45:15]
- How does cannabis fit into longevity? [53:00]
- The future of telomerase [55:30]
- Outro [57:15]
Links & Resources
Connect With Us
Follow Sean McCormick
Follow Natural Stacks
Shop Natural Stacks