Table of Contents:
Jakob Gollon was the architect of one of the biggest upsets in the history of March Madness.
Playing in a real life David vs. Goliath matchup, he led Mercer to victory of Duke in 2014.
In the brightest spotlight on the biggest stage, Jakob delivered a team-high 20 points and went 9/9 from the free throw line.
He didn't miss a shot and he shut down the opponent's biggest star.
On this episode of the OPP, Jakob shares the strategies and habits that helped him and his teammates stay focused and get peak performance under pressure.
Meet Jakob Gollon
Now the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach at the University of South Carolina Aiken, Gollon is using his unique experience to teach young athletes how to perform at optimal levels under pressure by helping them harness the same mental qualities and iron will that fueled his success.
A sixth year senior who had to overcome multiple injuries, surgeries and setbacks, Jakob's triumph in the spotlight is the ultimate story of perseverance, preparation, and focus.
Whether you're recovering from an injury, dealing with insecurities or mental defeat, Gollon's formula will help you achieve peak performance no matter how high the pressure.
What You'll Hear from Jakob Gollon on the OPP
- How to power through injuries and setbacks to set yourself up for success
- Manage your time to be present in all aspects of life
- Finding the strength to keep going when you want to quit
- How love is the ultimate motivator
- What you can learn from a Holocaust survivor
- What it really takes to turn a deficit into a strength
- Why you should work with the ignorance of a child
- How resorting back to what's comfortable hinders success
- Using your experience to influence.. motivate..
- What to do the night before and the day of your big moment to set yourself up for success
- How to simulate high pressure moments to better prepare yourself for the spotlight
- Focus on processes and doing what you do regardless of external circumstances
- Three tips for recovery
- Why you should focus on actions not outcomes
- Where you can find more of Jakob
- Jakob Gollon's Top Tips to #LiveOptimal
Links & Resources
Jakob Gollon Social Media
Man's Search For Meaning by Victor Frankyl
Infamous Mercer "Nae Nae" video
Geo Derice Contact
Joga Bonito Nike Video
Natural Stacks Performance Optimizers Mentioned in this Episode:
Natural Protein - 2:1 Ratio of grass-fed whey to collagen protein plus 500mg Colostrum per serving for optimal recovery and health
BioCreatine - Himalayan Sea Salt and Fenugreek Extract provide enhanced absorption so you can replenish, recover and boost power output without the need for high doses of carbohydrates
Natural BCAA's - unlike most BCAA's (which are made from human hair or bird feathers) our botanical sourced BCAA are made with the highest quality ingredients to ensure optimal performance every time.
CILTEP - get "tunnel vision" focus so you can avoid distractions, focus on what matters most and increase your productivity