Get Peak Brain Performance with Neuroscientist Dr. Andrew Hill
How does a neuroscientist increase attention, improve cognition and optimize his brain?
That's exactly what Dr. Andrew Hill is about to share with us on the OPP...
Meet Dr. Andrew Hill
Dr. Hill is the founder, Director and lead neuroscientist at Peak Brain Institute in Los Angeles, California
He also holds a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience from UCLA’s department of Psychology and continues to do research on attention and cognitive performance using technologies like EEG, QEEG, and ERP.
In addition to founding Peak Brain Institute, Dr. Hill is a cofounder of Alternatives Addiction Treatment and he continues to lecture at UCLA, teaching courses in psychology, neuroscience, and gerontology.
So how does this neuroscientist coax peak performance from his brain?
He avoids sugar and trains his brain with neurofeedback to optimize brain waves for increased focus and attention.
And he's helping thousands of other people achieve optimal brain function as well.
Here's everything we cover in this amazing episode of the Optimal Performance Podcast:
- An introduction to peak brain institute - the world's first brain performance training center
- Scar tissue and excess delta brain waves = dis-regulated brain performance
- The difference between Traits Vs. Moment to moment states
- How insulin signaling failure creates brain dysfunction (how to eat for optimal brain health & performance)
- Is coconut oil better than MCT Oil for brain health and immune system function?
- Sugar and glycation - leads to both oxidative stress and inflammation (the 2 things we want to avoid in order to live longer)
- Dopamine, Parkinson's, movement, and Lewy Bodies (sugar driven densely glycated amyloid)
- Dietary sugars produce a form of lipid that stays in the bloodstream for up a week...and it's impact on VLDL cholesterol (the worst type of cholesterol)
- "The only thing that produces VLDL appears to be sugar" - Dr. Andrew Hill (Click To Tweet)
- Tips to increase focus, attention, and memory
- Our experience of having a brain: top-down mental processes vs. bottom-up mental processes
- The science of ADD/ADHD: why Theta brain waves mean ADHD and Alpha Brain Waves correspond with inattention and ADD tendencies
- Excess Theta: Beta Brain Wave Ratio = Impulsivity. Excess Alpha: Beta = Inattention. And how to train DOWN the excessive brain wave patterns
- Changing physiology with neurofeedback - and what you need to know about doing it at home
- L-theanine for focus - AND the stress response
- If you can't fall asleep without alcohol, you have GABA problems
- Where you can find more of Dr. Andrew Hill and Peak Brain
- Dr. Hill's Top 3 Tips To Live Optimal
Listen to the OPP on-the-go:
Watch the Video Version:
Links & Resources
Follow on Twitter:
Inverted U-Shaped Graph for Stress & Performance
Natural Stacks Performance Optimizers
Smart Caffeine - 2:1 Ratio of L-Theanine: Caffeine, the exact ratio shown in studies to boost mental alertness and increase cognition
CILTEP - get "tunnel vision" focus so you can avoid distractions, focus on what matters most and increase your productivity